A fireplace doesn’t need to be attached to the wall to add warmth and beauty to your home. Having a freestanding gas fireplace has become increasingly popular among buyers today and can be seen in all kinds of homes. With quick installation and a wide range of design options, what’s not to love?
If you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional built-in fireplace, a freestanding fireplace could be an excellent choice.
What is a Freestanding Gas Fireplace?
A freestanding gas fireplace is a low-maintenance, easy-to-install home heating system that doubles as decor. It doesn’t require any wood fuel or a chimney, and it can be installed almost anywhere in a room with the right venting.
Freestanding gas fireplaces come in a wide variety of designs, so you are sure to find one that matches your style. We’ve seen freestanding fire features with traditional styling, clean modern lines, windows on multiple sides, and plenty of other unique designs. No matter who you are, there’s a freestanding gas fireplace for you!
How Do These Models Work?
Like other gas fireplaces, freestanding gas fireplaces run on propane or natural gas. They sometimes come with a supply line to help buyers avoid worrying about refueling. While a freestanding gas or wood fireplace will still need a vent pipe, there are freestanding electric models on the market that simply need to be plugged into an outlet.
Since freestanding fireplaces don’t have to be built into a wall, they can feature exposed faces and sometimes sides to amplify the amount of heat that radiates into the room. Some freestanding fireplaces are set up in the middle of a room. However, many people still choose to install their freestanding gas fireplace against an outside wall to make it easier to support a venting pipe.
How Much Does A Freestanding Gas Fireplace Cost?
For most homeowners, it costs $3,000-$4,500 to install a freestanding gas fireplace, including the gas line and hookup. This is usually much less than the cost of installing a traditional gas fireplace, which can cost $5,500-$12,000 or more.
Where to Get the Best Freestanding Fireplace Models
There are plenty of excellent freestanding gas fireplaces out there! Here are some of our favorites:
- Archgard Optima 45. This freestanding gas fireplace looks like a traditional wood stove but gives you the efficiency and cost savings of a gas fireplace. At 18,750-28,000 BTU/hr, this fireplace provides plenty of power for small-to-medium-sized rooms.
- Enviro S40. With a modern design and a ceramic log burner, this freestanding gas fireplace has a more realistic flame appearance than most and will fit into many of today’s homes. The unit maxes out at 40,000 BTUs, making it an excellent option for heating large living spaces.
- Enviro S20. This fireplace model is slimmer and smaller than the S40 with clean lines. It’s compatible with a thermostat or remote, which you’re sure to appreciate!
- Napoleon Knightsbridge. This popular gas-burning stove provides solid performance and efficiency with plenty of heat and light for any space. With a rich, chocolatey cast iron finish and hand-painted logs, this traditionally styled freestanding fireplace will complement the decor of many homes.
- Napoleon Castlemore. With a frosted white finish, the Castlemore is a great option for homeowners looking to keep their living space light and bright. Traditional European styling and a slim, curving shape make this fireplace a stately focal point for your home.
All of these freestanding gas fireplaces are available through Four Day Fireplace, your local fireplace dealer. Four Day can both sell and install your freestanding gas fireplace so it’s ready for you to enjoy for years to come.
Freestanding Gas Fireplace Design Ideas
There are countless ways to style a freestanding gas fireplace! You can find freestanding fireplace options available in countless finishes, shapes, and colors.
Is A Freestanding Gas Fireplace Right For You?
A freestanding gas fireplace is the perfect home addition for anyone looking to add a warm, attractive fire feature without the full cost of a traditional fireplace. We encourage you to talk to a fireplace professional to find out which model may be right for your home.
While installing a freestanding gas fireplace is usually less difficult than installing a traditional fireplace, you may still need a professional’s help because of the supply line. Contact our team for assistance with choosing and installing your ideal freestanding gas fireplace in Western Washington.